Oral Lee Brown Foundation Board of Directors
Oral Lee Brown – Founder / President
- Held a managerial position at Blue Cross Insurance Company where she supervised 55 employees.
- Owner Real Estate Office in Oakland
- Owner and Manager Cobbler’s Restaurant
- Member Harmony Missionary Baptist Church, Oakland Community Housing Resource Board, Oakland Board of Realtors, Associate Real Property Brokers, and and Cal-Pak Association
- Created the Oral Lee Brown Foundation – 1987
- Named Woman of the Year for the year 2000 by Senator Don Perata and Assembly member Audie Bock
- Honored at the Black History Month Awards sponsored by Union Bank of California and KQED
- Selected as among the “Ten Most Influential African Americans in the Bay Area”
- Diamond of the Bay Award for Community Service by the National Basketball Wives Association
- California Lottery Award
- The Pioneer Achievement Award by the National Coalition of 100 Black Women
- Humanitarian Of The Year by the East Bay Agency for Children
- John Stanford Education Heroes Award by the U.S. Department of Education.
- The Minerva Award 2010, Bank of the West Community Award(2011)
- Inducted into Alameda County Hall of Fame (2102)
- Featured in People, Glamour Magazine (3) times, Ebony and Essence magazines
- Seen on ABC Later Today, NBC Nightly News, Extra, CNN, Courage, and Channels 2, 4, 5, & 7
- Associate of Arts degree from Laney College
- Bachelor of Science from the University of San Francisco
- Bachelor of Arts degree from Hawaii
- Honorary Doctorate from Columbia College, Merrimack College in Boston and University of San Francisco
Yolanda Stenmark – Treasurer
- Manager – Bank of the West
Wonda Kidd – Secretary
- Certified HUD Counselor, Department of Housing, Oakland, California
- Banker, First Republic Bank, Oakland, CA
- Paralegal, Attorney John Burris Law Firm, Oakland, CA
- Teacher Oakland Technical High School, Oakland, CA
Alfred W. Zollar Jr.
- First Republic Bank, Oakland, CA
- BSEE San Jose State
- MBA Santa Clara University
- Board of Directors nLight Photonics Corporation
- Board of Directors OLB Preparatory Charter School
- Chairman of the Board Oz Foundation
- JDS Uniphase
- 996 – 1998 Vice President Business Development
- 1995 – 1996 Vice President and General Manager Solid State Lasers
- 1992 – 1995 Vice President International
- Member of road show team for initial public offering
- 1984 – 1992 Vice President Sales and Marketing
- Osborne Associates 1981 – 1984
- Wrote business and marketing plans for start-ups.
- Spectra-Physics 1973 – 1981
- Development engineering and marketing of bar code scanners and component lasers.
- Storage Products 1969 – 1973
- Start up founded by Alan Shugart. Developed disk drive systems. Company was acquired and became the disk drive business for Memorex.
- IBM: 1961 – 1969
- Developed LAN systems and disk drive systems.
Georgia J. Osborne
- 1966 B.A. San Jose State University
- 1967 California Teacher’s Credential – Elementary Education
- 1979 Co Founder – Hicklebees – a children’s book store in San Jose
- 1983 – 1987 Teacher – St. John Vianney
- 1987 – 2001 Teacher – Santa Clara School District
- 1998 Established Oz Foundation – a non profit focused on educating children from low income families